Millrace Nursing Home is located at the heart of the bustling town of Ballinasloe, Co. Galway, where we offer a home away from home to all our residents. We have modern nursing home with excellent facilities that help us deliver the highest standards of care.
We care for people with all kinds of needs, whether they just need a short respite break or they’re looking for longer-term care. Millrace Nursing Home is at the heart of the local community and we are proud to have been nominated for the Ballinasloe People of the Year Award.
In light of the recent COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation, Ditchley Care have implemented a number of precautionary steps to help limit the spread of infection in our Homes. For the protection of nursing home residents, Nursing Homes Ireland has confirmed that visiting restrictions are now in place in nursing homes nationwide. No non-essential visiting, children or groups will be allowed.
All visitors are asked to contact prior to attending. Visitors should only seek to attend in urgent circumstances and the management reserve the right to impose full restrictions where necessary.
Millrace Nursing Home
Dear Family member,
We understand that these are challenging times for you and your relative. Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our utmost priority. We are monitoring developments closely around the Covid-19 public health situation and will continue to implement all measures necessary across our homes prioritising health and safety.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our residents, as informed by our public health experts and Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), our representative body:
- A dedicated Steering Committee has been set up across all the Ditchley Care homes and is convening daily to monitor developments and provide all necessary guidance and support on a risk assessed basis.
- Each home has also established a similar sub-committee led by the Person in Charge (PIC), to provide guidance and leadership at a home level.
- A comprehensive employee communications policy has already been implemented around procedures to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19.
- All staff are medically assessed including their temperature before commencing their shift.
- Restricted visiting is operating in our nursing homes.
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place.
- Regular disinfection of all exposed contact surfaces such as door handles is taking place.
- Extra hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the home.
- We have enhanced our social distancing measures in the home.
We also want to keep you informed of what we will do should a resident or staff member present with Covid-19 symptoms. We are strictly following risk assessment guidelines from the HSE for residents and staff;
- If a resident displays ‘Covid-like’ symptoms (for example, fever, cough or respiratory difficulties) they will be immediately isolated and GP services contacted to assess condition and advise whether a Covid19 test is required.
- The Home will be following Clinical and Infection Control Guidance for Covid-19 for residential facilities issued by the HSE.
- Where possible residents who test positive for Covid-19 will be cared for in the home, a decision to transfer the resident will be made in conjunction with Senior Clinician, GP, Person in Charge, resident and family.
- Staff are following standard and droplet precautions with any resident displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- If a staff member displays any symptoms, they are asked to phone the PIC initially to be risk assessed and referred to local GP service for further assessment and guidance on self-isolation and testing if deemed appropriate.
- No staff member will be permitted to work unless cleared by GP/appropriate period of self-isolation completed or test proves negative.
Our main aim is to minimise the spread of this virus and keep our residents and our staff as safe as possible.
Please call your PIC directly if you have any queries.
For additional accurate and up-to-date information on Covid-19 please go to:
We are calling on your continued support during this time.
Thank you and keep safe,
Dedicated Care Team
The Millrace Nursing Home Team
We have a team of professional, caring and dedicated staff, who are highly experienced and can give you exactly the care you need. Our nursing team will look after every aspect of your health, supported by our healthcare assistants, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, optician and dentist. We also have a doctor on call, and we hope this will give you great peace of mind.
Catering For All Dependency Levels
We Provide Exceptional
We are committed to helping our residents achieve quality of life, and we put you at the centre of our care. We focus on what you need and what you want, and you will have full power to choose how you are cared for.
Dedicated Activity Coordinators
Our Coordinators plan and facilitate activity programmes, dictated by the residents’ wishes, needs and interests.
Regular Outings & Day Trips
We arrange regular outings and day trips. Millrace Nursing Home celebrates national and local events.
Various Therapeutic Activites
Some of our therapeutic activities include; Hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapy, chiropody and much more.
We Take Care
Of Your Needs
We create individual care plans for each resident, so you will be guaranteed to receive the care that’s right for you. Above all, you will be treated with dignity compassion and respect, in a warm, comfortable place where you will feel at home.
Millrace Nursing Home
Our modern, custom built environment is clean and hygienic and the building and gardens are maintained to to the highest quality with a preventative maintenance program. Millrace Nursing Home is a purpose built independent residential unit.
Our Rooms include:
- Ground Floor Day/Rest Room (57.52m2)
- First Floor Day/Rest Room (40.37m2)
- Ground Floor Dining Room (65.51m2)
- First Floor Dining Room (34.5m2)
- Ground Floor Relaxation Room (23.7m2)
- Ground Floor Oratory (26.92m2)
An Active Daily Lifestyle
Lifestyle & Activities
Life at Millrace Nursing Home is full of buzz and activity, thanks to the efforts of our dedicated activities coordinators. They’ll work with you to come up with an activities plan that will match your interests, likes and dislikes. This will allow you to continue doing the things you enjoy and help you learn new skills that will keep you growing as a person.
There are lots of activities available in our nursing home that are brilliant for your body and mind, including gentle exercise, entertainment in the lounge and nature walks. You can pamper yourself with a visit to the hairdresser, barber or chiropodist. We also organise local outings which are great fun and give you a chance to explore the local area. With our activities, you can carry on living the happy, fulfilling life you have always lived.
Millrace Nursing Home
We believe mealtimes are the most important part of our day and that good food is the greatest pleasure in life. We make sure our meals are both nutritionally balanced and delicious, with lots of appetising menu options to choose from. If you have special dietary needs, we can easily cater for those and make sure you can continue to enjoy tasty meals. Our meals are prepared fresh each day and you can eat them in the dining room or in the comfort of your room. As well as your main meals, we offer you tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day.
If you have difficulties in digesting food, we are very experienced in dealing with these issues and we’re here to help. It’s all part of making sure all of our residents are comfortable while they are here. We can help people with diabetes, dementia and low weight to enjoy a rich and varied diet and stay healthy and strong.