Dear Family member,
We understand that these are challenging times for you and your relative. Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our utmost priority. We are monitoring developments closely around the Covid-19 public health situation and will continue to implement all measures necessary across our homes prioritising health and safety.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our residents, as informed by our public health experts and Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), our representative body:
- A dedicated Steering Committee has been set up across all the Ditchley Care homes and is convening daily to monitor developments and provide all necessary guidance and support on a risk assessed basis.
- Each home has also established a similar sub-committee led by the Person in Charge (PIC), to provide guidance and leadership at a home level.
- A comprehensive employee communications policy has already been implemented around procedures to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19.
- All staff are medically assessed including their temperature before commencing their shift.
- Restricted visiting is operating in our nursing homes.
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place.
- Regular disinfection of all exposed contact surfaces such as door handles is taking place.
- Extra hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the home.
- We have enhanced our social distancing measures in the home.
We also want to keep you informed of what we will do should a resident or staff member present with Covid-19 symptoms. We are strictly following risk assessment guidelines from the HSE for residents and staff;
- If a resident displays ‘Covid-like’ symptoms (for example, fever, cough or respiratory difficulties) they will be immediately isolated and GP services contacted to assess condition and advise whether a Covid19 test is required.
- The Home will be following Clinical and Infection Control Guidance for Covid-19 for residential facilities issued by the HSE.
- Where possible residents who test positive for Covid-19 will be cared for in the home, a decision to transfer the resident will be made in conjunction with Senior Clinician, GP, Person in Charge, resident and family.
- Staff are following standard and droplet precautions with any resident displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- If a staff member displays any symptoms, they are asked to phone the PIC initially to be risk assessed and referred to local GP service for further assessment and guidance on self-isolation and testing if deemed appropriate.
- No staff member will be permitted to work unless cleared by GP/appropriate period of self-isolation completed or test proves negative
Our main aim is to minimise the spread of this virus and keep our residents and our staff as safe as possible.
Please call your PIC directly if you have any queries.
For additional accurate and up-to-date information on Covid-19 please go to:
We are calling on your continued support during this time.
Thank you and keep safe,
Registered Provider Representative / CEO Ditchley Care