Welcome to Deerpark House Nursing Home in beautiful Bantry, West Cork, which is home to 50 residents. We have been offering top-notch care to our residents at Deerpark for over 20 years.
If you’re a nature lover, a history buff, a seeker of tranquillity or a lover of gastronomic pleasures, you’ll find everything you need on your doorstep. Our residents are delighted to be part of life in this lovely harbour town and to live in a place of such natural beauty.
In light of the recent COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation, Ditchley Care have implemented a number of precautionary steps to help limit the spread of infection in our Homes. For the protection of nursing home residents, Nursing Homes Ireland has confirmed that visiting restrictions are now in place in nursing homes nationwide. No non-essential visiting, children or groups will be allowed.
All visitors are asked to contact prior to attending. Visitors should only seek to attend in urgent circumstances and the management reserve the right to impose full restrictions where necessary.
Deerpark Nursing Home
Dear Family member,
We understand that these are challenging times for you and your relative. Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our utmost priority. We are monitoring developments closely around the Covid-19 public health situation and will continue to implement all measures necessary across our homes prioritising health and safety.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our residents, as informed by our public health experts and Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), our representative body:
- A dedicated Steering Committee has been set up across all the Ditchley Care homes and is convening daily to monitor developments and provide all necessary guidance and support on a risk assessed basis.
- Each home has also established a similar sub-committee led by the Person in Charge (PIC), to provide guidance and leadership at a home level.
- A comprehensive employee communications policy has already been implemented around procedures to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19.
- All staff are medically assessed including their temperature before commencing their shift.
- Restricted visiting is operating in our nursing homes.
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place.
- Regular disinfection of all exposed contact surfaces such as door handles is taking place.
- Extra hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the home.
- We have enhanced our social distancing measures in the home.
We also want to keep you informed of what we will do should a resident or staff member present with Covid-19 symptoms. We are strictly following risk assessment guidelines from the HSE for residents and staff;
- If a resident displays ‘Covid-like’ symptoms (for example, fever, cough or respiratory difficulties) they will be immediately isolated and GP services contacted to assess condition and advise whether a Covid19 test is required.
- The Home will be following Clinical and Infection Control Guidance for Covid-19 for residential facilities issued by the HSE.
- Where possible residents who test positive for Covid-19 will be cared for in the home, a decision to transfer the resident will be made in conjunction with Senior Clinician, GP, Person in Charge, resident and family.
- Staff are following standard and droplet precautions with any resident displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- If a staff member displays any symptoms, they are asked to phone the PIC initially to be risk assessed and referred to local GP service for further assessment and guidance on self-isolation and testing if deemed appropriate.
- No staff member will be permitted to work unless cleared by GP/appropriate period of self-isolation completed or test proves negative.
Our main aim is to minimise the spread of this virus and keep our residents and our staff as safe as possible.
Please call your PIC directly if you have any queries.
For additional accurate and up-to-date information on Covid-19 please go to:
We are calling on your continued support during this time.
Thank you and keep safe,
Dedicated Care Team
The Deerpark Nursing Home Team
We currently have 50 members of staff at Deerpark House who are dedicated to giving you the best possible care. Our nursing staff will make sure you’re in the best of health and our management, housekeeping, kitchen and maintenance teams keep Deerpark running smoothly. We also have an activities team who play a huge role in creating a home away from home for our residents.
Catering For All Dependency Levels
We Provide Exceptional
Before you arrive at our nursing home, our team will spend time talking to you and getting to know you, so we can give you the care you deserve when you become a resident. We’ll create a care plan that’s tailored to you, and we’ll settle you into a comfortable bedroom where you’ll feel at home.
Dedicated Activity Coordinators
Our Coordinators plan and facilitate activity programmes, dictated by the residents’ wishes, needs and interests.
Regular Outings & Day Trips
We arrange regular outings and day trips. Deerpark Nursing Home celebrates national and local events.
Various Therapeutic Activites
Some of our therapeutic activities include; Hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapy, chiropody and much more.
We Take Care
Of Your Needs
We will involve you and your family in the conversation about your care, and our priority is to give you as much choice as possible in how you’re cared for. This conversation is hugely important in helping us to deliver care that will help you retain your dignity and independence.
Deerpark Nursing Home
At Deerpark Nursing Home, we’ve created an intimate community which offers a homely environment to its residents. We have 42 single bedrooms and four double bedrooms for anyone who would like to share a room. Call us and chat to Diane from our team, and she’ll be happy to tell you what we can offer you and what life will be like for you at our nursing home.
An Active Daily Lifestyle
Lifestyle & Activities
Our residents and care team work together to create a brilliant programme of activities which will keep you busy and fulfilled. We’re always changing our activities, so you’ll never get bored. Our outings are a particular favourite with our residents, and we’ve organized some very enjoyable outings to places like Whiddy Island and Gougane Barra. But we also like to keep it local, and visits to the coffee shop at the local Supervalu and afternoon tea in a hotel are big hits with our residents.
Inside the nursing home, we offer activities that keep your mind and body active. Take a walk in our enclosed landscape gardens, play a game of bingo in our activities room and enjoy some live music or a sing-song.
Deerpark Nursing Home
We believe mealtimes are the most important part of our day and that good food is the greatest pleasure in life. We take special care to ensure that our meals are both delicious and nutritious. Our menus include dishes to suit every taste, and all our meals are freshly prepared each day.
You can come and eat your meals in the dining room, which is a happy place with a warm, homely atmosphere. We serve breakfast, dinner and tea, and you can enjoy tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day. If you prefer, meals can be brought to you in your room.
We take special care of our residents who have dietary needs or who find it hard to take in food. We’ll make sure that a food allergy, cultural needs or food intolerances are no barriers to enjoying great meals. If you have low weight or dementia, we’ll add extra nutrients to your food to keep you as healthy and comfortable as possible.