Cramers Court Nursing Home is a leader in caring for older people, and we have been delivering excellent care to our residents at Cramers Court for over 30 years. We are ideally located near the pretty seaside town of Kinsale in West Cork and is within easy reach of Cork City.
Cramers Court Nursing Home is located in a delightful period residential estate with 14 acres of mature grounds, and our building has been considerably refurbished in recent years.
Cramer’s Court has a proud tradition of being involved in the local community, and our residents have been involved in some wonderful community projects. Recently, Cramers Court was part of the Caring Together Initiative, a campaign led by Nursing Homes Ireland which aims to reduce the stigma associated with nursing homes. We are delighted to have achieved recognition for our efforts to create happy homes for our residents.
In light of the recent COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation, Ditchley Care have implemented a number of precautionary steps to help limit the spread of infection in our Homes. For the protection of nursing home residents, Nursing Homes Ireland has confirmed that visiting restrictions are now in place in nursing homes nationwide. No non-essential visiting, children or groups will be allowed.
All visitors are asked to contact prior to attending. Visitors should only seek to attend in urgent circumstances and the management reserve the right to impose full restrictions where necessary.
Cramers Court Nursing Home
Dear Family member,
We understand that these are challenging times for you and your relative. Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our utmost priority. We are monitoring developments closely around the Covid-19 public health situation and will continue to implement all measures necessary across our homes prioritising health and safety.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our residents, as informed by our public health experts and Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), our representative body:
- A dedicated Steering Committee has been set up across all the Ditchley Care homes and is convening daily to monitor developments and provide all necessary guidance and support on a risk assessed basis.
- Each home has also established a similar sub-committee led by the Person in Charge (PIC), to provide guidance and leadership at a home level.
- A comprehensive employee communications policy has already been implemented around procedures to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19.
- All staff are medically assessed including their temperature before commencing their shift.
- Restricted visiting is operating in our nursing homes.
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place.
- Regular disinfection of all exposed contact surfaces such as door handles is taking place.
- Extra hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the home.
- We have enhanced our social distancing measures in the home.
We also want to keep you informed of what we will do should a resident or staff member present with Covid-19 symptoms. We are strictly following risk assessment guidelines from the HSE for residents and staff;
- If a resident displays ‘Covid-like’ symptoms (for example, fever, cough or respiratory difficulties) they will be immediately isolated and GP services contacted to assess condition and advise whether a Covid19 test is required.
- The Home will be following Clinical and Infection Control Guidance for Covid-19 for residential facilities issued by the HSE.
- Where possible residents who test positive for Covid-19 will be cared for in the home, a decision to transfer the resident will be made in conjunction with Senior Clinician, GP, Person in Charge, resident and family.
- Staff are following standard and droplet precautions with any resident displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- If a staff member displays any symptoms, they are asked to phone the PIC initially to be risk assessed and referred to local GP service for further assessment and guidance on self-isolation and testing if deemed appropriate.
- No staff member will be permitted to work unless cleared by GP/appropriate period of self-isolation completed or test proves negative.
Our main aim is to minimise the spread of this virus and keep our residents and our staff as safe as possible.
Please call your PIC directly if you have any queries.
For additional accurate and up-to-date information on Covid-19 please go to:
We are calling on your continued support during this time.
Thank you and keep safe,
Dedicated Care Team
The Cramers Court Nursing Home Team
At Cramers Court Nursing Home, we are passionate about caring for our residents and supporting them to live full lives. We have a team of over 80 staff, who are not only highly qualified and competent, but are kind and understanding too. We also have management, administrative, kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance and activity teams, who all contribute hugely to the life of our nursing home.
Professional Care Team
We are always focused on the wellbeing of our residents, and we do all we can to create a warm, secure and comfortable environment for you. As soon as you come to our home, you’ll have access to a dedicated team of carers who will make sure you’re fully part of life in our nursing home and that you’re valued for who you are. The dedication, commitment and competence of our staff helps us achieve the highest standards of care.
Catering For All Dependency Levels
We Provide Exceptional
Our residents receive the highest level of care from a dedicated team of professional, qualified staff who are on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Dedicated Activity Coordinators
Our Coordinators plan and facilitate activity programmes, dictated by the residents’ wishes, needs and interests.
Regular Outings & Day Trips
We arrange regular outings and day trips. Cramers Court Nursing Home celebrates national and local events.
Various Therapeutic Activites
Some of our therapeutic activities include; Hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapy, chiropody and much more.
We Take Care
Of Your Needs
Before you come to Cramers Court, we will meet you and talk about your life and about what you need from us. This helps us create a care plan that is unique to you and that will cater for your specific needs. We’ll put that plan in place when you arrive at our nursing home.
Cramers Court Nursing Home
We make sure our residents can relax in a quiet, peaceful and safe setting, with extensive grounds that are ideal for walking and relaxation. Our enclosed garden is filled with flora and fauna. One of its most striking features is a large enclosed pond, and all our residents and visitors comment on how therapeutic and relaxing it is. All our nursing home rooms are modern, tastefully decorated and give you access to the gardens. We also offer a choice of day rooms, conservatories, and an elegant dining room for you to relax in.
In 2017, we completed a major renovation programme to revamp the older parts of Cramers Court. As part of this, we replaced multiple-occupancy bedrooms with double and single rooms that have ensuite bathrooms, to give you dignity and privacy. On top of that, we added another 26 bedrooms in 2019, so there’s plenty of room for everyone.
An Active Daily Lifestyle
Lifestyle & Activities
Life at Cramers Court nursing home is busy and full of fun, thanks to the efforts of our dedicated activities coordinator, Teresa O’Donovan. She’ll find out what you’re interested in and what you’re capable of doing and design an activity programme just for you.
We believe in being part of the local community, so we encourage our residents to take part in our brilliant community projects. Previously, our residents have organised a wedding for Irish Guide Dogs, knitted blankets for chemotherapy patients and taken part in intergenerational projects with pre-schools.
We offer a variety of services that keep your mind and body healthy, including physiotherapy, yoga, chiropody, aromatherapy, hairdressing, occupational therapy, diet advice, Engaging Dementia sessions and language therapy.
Our arts, crafts and entertainment programme will help you tap into your natural creativity. You can paint, sing or take part in reminiscence therapy that keeps your memory active and gives you the opportunity to tell wonderful stories. If you like a bit of light entertainment, you can play bingo or a board game, or watch a film.
The vast majority of our residents are from the Roman Catholic tradition, but we will do all we can to cater for your spiritual needs regardless of your religious background. Mass is celebrated in the home every Tuesday. If you can’t attend Mass, the priest will come and visit you afterwards. We also welcome ministers from other religious traditions.
Cramers Court Nursing Home
We believe mealtimes are the most important part of our day and that good food is the greatest pleasure in life. We make sure our meals are both nutritionally balanced and delicious, with lots of appetising menu options to choose from. If you have special dietary needs, we can easily cater for those and make sure you can continue to enjoy tasty meals. Our meals are prepared fresh each day and you can eat them in the dining room or in the comfort of your room. As well as your main meals, we offer you tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day.
If you have difficulties in digesting food, we are very experienced in dealing with these issues and we’re here to help. It’s all part of making sure all of our residents are comfortable while they are here. We can help people with diabetes, dementia and low weight to enjoy a rich and varied diet and stay healthy and strong.