Coral Haven Nursing Home is situated in the peace and quiet of the countryside, yet we’re only a stone’s throw away from the bustling centre of Galway City. Coral Haven cares for both long term and short stay residents and has been designed to help them feel at home.
We’re situated on a height, which gives you stunning views of Galway City. You can enjoy those views from our decking area, where you can see all the way to Ballybrit Racecourse. Or you can feast your eyes on our beautiful landscaped gardens.
In light of the recent COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation, Ditchley Care have implemented a number of precautionary steps to help limit the spread of infection in our Homes. For the protection of nursing home residents, Nursing Homes Ireland has confirmed that visiting restrictions are now in place in nursing homes nationwide. No non-essential visiting, children or groups will be allowed.
All visitors are asked to contact prior to attending. Visitors should only seek to attend in urgent circumstances and the management reserve the right to impose full restrictions where necessary.
Coral Haven Nursing Home
Dear Family member,
We understand that these are challenging times for you and your relative. Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our utmost priority. We are monitoring developments closely around the Covid-19 public health situation and will continue to implement all measures necessary across our homes prioritising health and safety.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our residents, as informed by our public health experts and Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), our representative body:
- A dedicated Steering Committee has been set up across all the Ditchley Care homes and is convening daily to monitor developments and provide all necessary guidance and support on a risk assessed basis.
- Each home has also established a similar sub-committee led by the Person in Charge (PIC), to provide guidance and leadership at a home level.
- A comprehensive employee communications policy has already been implemented around procedures to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19.
- All staff are medically assessed including their temperature before commencing their shift.
- Restricted visiting is operating in our nursing homes.
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place.
- Regular disinfection of all exposed contact surfaces such as door handles is taking place.
- Extra hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the home.
- We have enhanced our social distancing measures in the home.
We also want to keep you informed of what we will do should a resident or staff member present with Covid-19 symptoms. We are strictly following risk assessment guidelines from the HSE for residents and staff;
- If a resident displays ‘Covid-like’ symptoms (for example, fever, cough or respiratory difficulties) they will be immediately isolated and GP services contacted to assess condition and advise whether a Covid19 test is required.
- The Home will be following Clinical and Infection Control Guidance for Covid-19 for residential facilities issued by the HSE.
- Where possible residents who test positive for Covid-19 will be cared for in the home, a decision to transfer the resident will be made in conjunction with Senior Clinician, GP, Person in Charge, resident and family.
- Staff are following standard and droplet precautions with any resident displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- If a staff member displays any symptoms, they are asked to phone the PIC initially to be risk assessed and referred to local GP service for further assessment and guidance on self-isolation and testing if deemed appropriate.
- No staff member will be permitted to work unless cleared by GP/appropriate period of self-isolation completed or test proves negative.
Our main aim is to minimise the spread of this virus and keep our residents and our staff as safe as possible.
Please call your PIC directly if you have any queries.
For additional accurate and up-to-date information on Covid-19 please go to:
We are calling on your continued support during this time.
Thank you and keep safe,
Dedicated Care Team
The Coral Haven Nursing Home Team
We have an excellent team of nurses and nurse managers who come from a variety of different backgrounds, and we all bring something unique to our home. Our healthcare staff are supported by a team of healthcare assistants and our two activities coordinators. Our care team is made up of the clinical nurse managers, staff nurses and healthcare assistants, who are constantly updating their qualifications so they can give you the best possible care.
Catering For All Dependency Levels
We Provide Exceptional
Before you arrive at our nursing home, our team will spend time talking to you and getting to know you, so we can give you the care you deserve when you become a resident. We’ll create a care plan that’s tailored to you, and we’ll settle you into a comfortable bedroom where you’ll feel at home.
Dedicated Activity Coordinators
Our Coordinators plan and facilitate activity programmes, dictated by the residents’ wishes, needs and interests.
Regular Outings & Day Trips
We arrange regular outings and day trips. Coral Haven Nursing Home celebrates national and local events.
Various Therapeutic Activites
Some of our therapeutic activities include; Hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapy, chiropody and much more.
We Take Care
Of Your Needs
When you arrive at our nursing home, we’ll discuss your needs with you, your family and your doctor, to ensure we care for you with dignity, passion and respect. Whether you just need short-term care after an operation or you need a longer-term solution, we will work with you to ensure you keep living independently for as long as possible.
Coral Haven Nursing Home
Coral Haven Nursing Home has plenty of space for everyone, with 52 single and 4 double ensuite bedrooms available. We like to give you plenty of opportunity to be part of our nursing home community, so each floor has a separate day room, dining room and nursing care station. If you want to celebrate a special occasion with your loved ones, we will offer you the use of our function room. But if you prefer privacy when your family visits, you’re welcome to use our visitors’ room. We make it easy for you to stay in touch with your family and friends and with the world around you. We offer you a direct-dial telephone and good broadband access.
An Active Daily Lifestyle
Lifestyle & Activities
We want you to continue doing the things you love and to flourish as a person. That’s why we take the time to find out about you – your background, your talents and skills and your personality. Our vibrant, creative activities coordinators will use that information to create an activities programme especially for you. They’ll make sure you’re always busy and active, and that you can keep using the wonderful skills you have built up over a lifetime.
Our activities change according to the seasons, and there’s always something happening, like showings of films and live music sessions. There are two strands of activities on offer at our nursing home. You can take part in organised activities like bingo, storytelling and baking with the Golden Years Group, while the Tir na nOg group offers activities that are ideally suited to people with memory loss. We know that not everyone likes group activities, so we’re happy to do one-to-one activities with you.
Coral Haven Nursing Home
We believe mealtimes are the most important part of our day and that good food is the greatest pleasure in life. We make sure our meals are both nutritionally balanced and delicious, with lots of appetising menu options to choose from. If you have special dietary needs, we can easily cater for those and make sure you can continue to enjoy tasty meals. Our meals are prepared fresh each day and you can eat them in the dining room or in the comfort of your room. As well as your main meals, we offer you tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day.
If you have difficulties in digesting food, we are very experienced in dealing with these issues and we’re here to help. It’s all part of making sure all of our residents are comfortable while they are here. We can help people with diabetes, dementia and low weight to enjoy a rich and varied diet and stay healthy and strong.