Conna Nursing and Convalescent Home is on the outskirts of the village of Conna, East Cork. We’re in a beautiful rural location, with great views of historic Conna Castle. We’ve built a state of the art, modern nursing home with fifty bedrooms, so each resident can enjoy the piece and privacy of their own bedroom.
Conna Nursing Home is a peaceful place, with an enclosed landscaped garden and an oratory which is an ideal place for calm reflection. If you’d like to visit our nursing home, we’d be delighted to take you on a tour and show you our facilities. We will listen to you and respect our wishes at all times. We hope you will consider Conna Nursing home for a short stay or as your permanent new home.
In light of the recent COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation, Ditchley Care have implemented a number of precautionary steps to help limit the spread of infection in our Homes. For the protection of nursing home residents, Nursing Homes Ireland has confirmed that visiting restrictions are now in place in nursing homes nationwide. No non-essential visiting, children or groups will be allowed.
All visitors are asked to contact prior to attending. Visitors should only seek to attend in urgent circumstances and the management reserve the right to impose full restrictions where necessary.
Conna Nursing Home
Dear Family member,
We understand that these are challenging times for you and your relative. Please be assured that the health and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our utmost priority. We are monitoring developments closely around the Covid-19 public health situation and will continue to implement all measures necessary across our homes prioritising health and safety.
What we are doing to ensure the safety of our residents, as informed by our public health experts and Nursing Homes Ireland (NHI), our representative body:
- A dedicated Steering Committee has been set up across all the Ditchley Care homes and is convening daily to monitor developments and provide all necessary guidance and support on a risk assessed basis.
- Each home has also established a similar sub-committee led by the Person in Charge (PIC), to provide guidance and leadership at a home level.
- A comprehensive employee communications policy has already been implemented around procedures to mitigate the risks associated with Covid-19.
- All staff are medically assessed including their temperature before commencing their shift.
- Restricted visiting is operating in our nursing homes.
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols are in place.
- Regular disinfection of all exposed contact surfaces such as door handles is taking place.
- Extra hand sanitiser dispensers are available throughout the home.
- We have enhanced our social distancing measures in the home.
We also want to keep you informed of what we will do should a resident or staff member present with Covid-19 symptoms. We are strictly following risk assessment guidelines from the HSE for residents and staff;
- If a resident displays ‘Covid-like’ symptoms (for example, fever, cough or respiratory difficulties) they will be immediately isolated and GP services contacted to assess condition and advise whether a Covid19 test is required.
- The Home will be following Clinical and Infection Control Guidance for Covid-19 for residential facilities issued by the HSE.
- Where possible residents who test positive for Covid-19 will be cared for in the home, a decision to transfer the resident will be made in conjunction with Senior Clinician, GP, Person in Charge, resident and family.
- Staff are following standard and droplet precautions with any resident displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- If a staff member displays any symptoms, they are asked to phone the PIC initially to be risk assessed and referred to local GP service for further assessment and guidance on self-isolation and testing if deemed appropriate.
- No staff member will be permitted to work unless cleared by GP/appropriate period of self-isolation completed or test proves negative.
Our main aim is to minimise the spread of this virus and keep our residents and our staff as safe as possible.
Please call your PIC directly if you have any queries.
For additional accurate and up-to-date information on Covid-19 please go to:
We are calling on your continued support during this time.
Thank you and keep safe,
Dedicated Care Team
The Conna Nursing Home Team
At Conna Nursing Home, our passion is care and support, and our team offers you that care and support 24 hours a day. We have a team of more than 80 highly qualified staff, and our nursing staff have been nominated for the Nursing Homes Ireland End of Life Care Awards, for their dedication to our residents. We also have management, catering and housekeeping staff who create a warm, secure environment for our residents. Our activities team are at the heart of life in our nursing home, and they run a wide variety of activities that will help you live life to the full.
Catering For All Dependency Levels
We Provide Exceptional
At Conna Nursing and Convalescent Home, we are committed to helping you live independently and enjoy great quality of life. We put you at the heart of our care and we will treat you with dignity, compassion and respect.
Dedicated Activity Coordinators
Our Coordinators plan and facilitate activity programmes, dictated by the residents’ wishes, needs and interests.
Regular Outings & Day Trips
We arrange regular outings and day trips. Conna Nursing Home celebrates national and local events.
Various Therapeutic Activites
We devise a comprehensive care plan to meet the needs of each resident as well as providing age-appropriate routines and activities.
We Take Care
Of Your Needs
We will work with you to create a care plan that will help us give you the care you need. We are dedicated to keeping you healthy and safe, so you can continue to flourish as a person and to contribute to the world around you.
Conna Nursing Home
We’ve put a lot of thought into the design and décor of Conna Nursing Home, so we can create a homely environment for you. We’ve made it easy for you to get around our home – all the floors are level, and there are walkways and handrails to help you along. When you step into the foyer, you’ll be impressed by the natural light and high ceilings finished in wood.
You’ll find it easy to settle into our bedrooms. We encourage you to bring your belongings with you, to help you feel at home. Your bedroom will include an ensuite bathroom for privacy and a telephone point and nurse call bell for peace of mind. If you want some company, our lounge is a lively place, full of laughter and fun. But if you prefer peace and quiet, you can relax and read in our library. Our library and our conservatory, with its views of our rolling landscaped gardens, are great places to bring visitors for a chat.
An Active Daily Lifestyle
Lifestyle & Activities
Activities and events are a central part of life at Conna Nursing and Convalescent Home. We recognise that activities are very important for your physical and emotional wellbeing, and we organise a wealth of activities that will keep you busy from morning till night if you choose.
Here’s a flavour of the activities you can enjoy at Conna Nursing Home:
When you come to our nursing home, our activities coordinators will take the time to find out what you like to do and suggest activities for you. We encourage our residents to be sociable, but we put your wishes first, and you’re welcome to dip in and out of the activities as you choose.
Conna Nursing Home
We believe mealtimes are the most important part of our day and that good food is the greatest pleasure in life. We make sure our meals are both nutritionally balanced and delicious, with lots of appetising menu options to choose from. If you have special dietary needs, we can easily cater for those and make sure you can continue to enjoy tasty meals. Our meals are prepared fresh each day and you can eat them in the dining room or in the comfort of your room. As well as your main meals, we offer you tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day.
If you have difficulties in digesting food, we are very experienced in dealing with these issues and we’re here to help. It’s all part of making sure all of our residents are comfortable while they are here. We can help people with diabetes, dementia and low weight to enjoy a rich and varied diet and stay healthy and strong.