We are delighted to be part of Nursing Homes Ireland’s Comfort Words, a fantastic national initiative encouraging children to reach out to older people in nursing homes.
Children are being asked to send letters to our residents and bring a smile to their faces and that of our staff.
Our nursing homes include:
- Conna Nursing Home, Conna, Mallow, Cork P51 W110
- Coral Haven Nursing Home, Ballinfoyle, Headford Road, Galway, H91 HD74
- Cramers Court Nursing Home, Belgooly, Cork, P17 E208
- Deerpark Nursing Home, Seafield, Bantry, Cork, P75 KT35
- Millrace Nursing Home, Bridge Street, Ballinasloe, Galway
- Ocean View Nursing Home, Knockglassmore, Camp, Tralee, Kerry, V92 YY96
- Strathmore Lodge Nursing Home, Friary Walk, Callan, Kilkenny, R95 RT91
All children need to do is express their appreciation for older people, encouraging them to remain positive during these unprecedented times. This will bring great comfort to those living in our nursing homes.
We are asking young people to be mindful of hygiene, washing their hands prior to preparing their letter and not licking the envelope closed. The free postage-paid postcards provided by An Post to every household can also be used to write a personal message.
Well done to Nursing Homes Ireland for establishing Comfort Words, and we look forward to sharing some of the letters received across the Facebook pages of our nursing homes. #ComfortWords